Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Adding to the Family…

There comes a time in every couple’s life when they are faced with a decision: when should just us two become a three-some?
Jon and I have been going back and forth on this for a while now. There are several questions and factors that need to be taken into account.

-What will this cost us (both up-front and down the road)? Can we afford this?

- What are we willing to give up for this? New furniture? Vacations? Me-time?

- And finally, big dog vs. little dog?

You honestly didn’t think I was talking about a baby, did you? I won’t hold it against you if you did because that was how this was idea was started. It seems like we have reached the point where it’s either have a baby or get a puppy! And it seems almost all of the couples we know have one or the other or both!

Jon finally saw reason and has agreed to go for a smaller dog (20-40 lbs.). Reasons include, I will be spending the most time with the pooch and I want a smaller dog that I can handle more easily in a full grown lab (Jon’s topic pick). However, it seems that our local shelters only have large dogs that are young and older smaller dogs.
And now I’m starting to panic! Do we really want to do this? I could get a lot of furniture and housewares for what this will end up costing us!

What do you all think? Is getting a dog a good idea? Any suggestions on breeds?

No comments:

Post a Comment