Monday, February 27, 2012

Book Obession!

I really fell in love with reading in about the 5th or 6th grade, I have never been a fast reader (I tend to read every word on the page). I learned to read with the help of my oldest sister, Teresa, and a Berenstain Bears book at the age of 5, I was in Kindergarten. I remember curling up next to Tee-Tee in the evenings with our book  in our dad's red recliner and her helping me to sound out words and to recognize them. And since then a few books and authors have stood out over the years:

- The Chocolate Touch
- The Harry Potter series (though I never finished Book 7 = shame)
- Pride & Prejudice
- V.C. Andrews (author)
- Jane Green (author)
- The Godfather
- The Time Traveller's Wife
- The Twilight Saga
And I just recently finished The Hunger Games Trilogy (AMAZING)! I can't wait for the movie (3/24/12)!
Now, I know there are a lot of great books out there that I haven't read. When I read, I read for pleasure and entertainment, not to really make me think too hard!!

Do you have a love of reading too? What has been your favorite book? Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment