Thursday, October 4, 2012

Late Night Snack

The other night at 9:30p I got a craving for a warm delicious skillet cookie with vanilla ice cream! However, I had no skillet cookie recipe *gasp*...what to do?

Why get on Pinterest until you find a recipe that is doable and that I have all the ingredients for! Duh!

And this is the one I pinned from Sophistimom.
 

I didn't chocolate chunks but I always keep chocolate chips on hand, and luckily had unsalted butter sticks in the freeze and that in a cleaning frenzy didn't get rid of Jon's old cast iron skillet from WalMart! YAY go me!

I did fine with the recipe until I got to the adding an egg bit, I probably didn't wait long enough for the butter mixture to cook so it cooked the egg just a little bit and my husband was forced to help me by adding the last few ingredients. Cooking is a learning process!

I would suggest having all of your ingredients already measured out and ready to go for when you get to adding the egg, salt, baking soda, and flour.

Definitely, a great recipe to have in your back pocket for unexpected/last minute get together's! Thank you Sophistimom for this tasty pin!





No comments:

Post a Comment