Thursday, February 20, 2014

Long & Short of It

I may just be getting older but it seems like skirts/dresses are getting shorter!

Nothing wrong with short skirts, heaven knows I wore really short skirts in public when in high school and college; which is the time in to wear such things. I guess I got it out of my system and I was a very lean and muscular young lady.

I love dresses and skirts but I hate when I go to the store, find a fabulous dress then go and try it on only to find its too short! Every time it seems like. It may look great from the front but I have to do the butt test. My butt sticks farther out (thanks to my track days) so dresses tend to be shorter in the back. Even if I decide to purchase I have Jon double check that its appropriate before taking the tags off. If he is in anyway uncomfortable with me wearing something too short or too revealing it usually goes back to the store.

That may seem silly and controlling but I feel that as a married woman I need to respect my husband by dressing in a way that he is comfortable with; to some degree, he'd prefer I wear sweats and a hoodie because that's what he loves to wear. My body is his and other men do not need to see all I've got going on.

Maybe I'm made uneasy by the shortness because I have a job that has a modesty business casual guideline. Hello, I'm a church secretary! However, I think its a combo of getting older and having a better understanding of the need for modesty as a Christian and as a married woman. Though I probably do push the envelope more than I realize. 

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.                             ~1 Corinthians 6:19-20

The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife.                                                                                              ~ 1 Corinthians 7:4

Do you find it difficult to find a dress or skirt at a length your comfortable with too? Or am I just being to crazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment