Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pinterest: Tried It-Nailed It-Failed It #4

Time for another Pinterest Challenge! You can check out past experiments here, here, and here

Pinned Image
I tried making this chocolate truffles from over at Sugar & Spice and it was an epic failure. I think I probably made the mistake Naomi mentions. I should probably try making them again sometime, with better quality ingredients and following the directions better!




Pinned Image
Blooming Brie Bowl = really yummy! The link goes on to the Food Channel website. I didn't had all the spices....too many spices in something and I get nervous because I don't handle spices very well! I take after my dad that way. But the brie in the bread was really good, but it took longer for the cheese to melt/get gooey; and the bread got really hard. The other thing is you need to eat right way: It doesn't keep to be reheated very well.




Pinned Image
 This Crock Pot smoked sausage, beans and potatoes from Get Crocked was a HUGE hit with the hub's and myself! Pretty start forward and basic. I would probably add the green beans in when you add the sausage. And it makes a lot so I would cut the recipe in half for the next go but Jon loved eating the left overs!
Pinned Image
This Bacon Wrapped Chicken recipe from Artsy Fartsy Mama has quickly become a favorite of mine! I made it the first time when Jon was at work just to make sure it was good! I loved it so much I made it again this past Sunday for our early Valentine's dinner. Unfortunately, while making one of the sides, I sliced up my right index finger badly enough that we ended up in ER getting stitches. Whomp Whomp. However, this is great reheated! And Jon loved it just as much as me! I love bacon!


I've also made a whole chicken in the Crock Pot taking notes from a few different pins and picking what I liked, namely salt, pepper, onions and a whole lemon! I tried a few variations on chocolate shakes, like adding Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder instead of Hershey's chocolate syrup. It makes it more chocolatey!

Hope you enjoy and this inspires you to go from pinning to creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment