Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Celebrity Crushes

We all have celebrity crushes! And if you say that you don't then you are lying!

I have so many, the main ones I have mentioned Harry, Jennifer, and Jenna. A few I haven't named are Robert Pattinson, don't judge, I loved him in "Remember Me" and "HP & the Goblet of Fire."

And none will compare with my first real movie star crush, Heath Ledger! I was so in love that when he died my mom actually called me to see if I was okay. I was in college by this time, and she said that she just remembered how much I was in love in I was after "10 Things I Hate About You" came out. I was in the middle of my Heath Ledger movie marathon with my sorority sisters, when she called!

But I think there may be a new crush to add to the list:

Tom Hardy!

I watched the 2009 Masterpiece Classic: Wuthering Heights over the weekend, its been popping up on my Netflix for ages and I never realized that Tom Hardy is Heathcliff! Hello!

And I am not alone! Jon has become a bigger and bigger fan of Tom Hardy for his roles in movies like, 'Bronson', 'Inception',  'The Dark Knight Rises,' 'Warrior,' and a lot more. And I am becoming a bigger fan thanks to Wuthering Heights and spotting him in 'Marie Antoinette' with Kirsten Dunst.

Here's hoping I can get a few more of Mr. Hardy's movies watched, though I have tried watching some and just can't make it very far because I get freaked out...cough*Bronson*cough. I don't even think I made through the credits on that, probably didn't help that Jon wanted to watch it at 11:00p while I was trying to go to sleep and I finally had a tantrum. Though listening to him speaking as Heathcliff, I could definitely hear hints of Bronson in it but maybe that's just me.

Also, I got Jon to start watching the first episode with me because Tom Hardy is in it, and so far, he says, that its okay but would like to see what the writers could do with an R-rating for the big screen. He's a man!

When I next try to read 'Wuthering Heights' I will be picturing Tom Hardy as Heathcliff! Swoon!


Disclaimer: Jon and I totally support each others celebrity crushes. I know that if Natalie Portman, Angelina Jolie, Christian Bale and Leonardo DiCaprio ever show up that Jon's peacing out. And on the flip side, if Robert Pattinson, Jennifer Lawrence, and now Tom Hardy come around, I'm out! Its a joke, we wouldn't actually leave each other; but we would totes be okay with any one of these celebs being besties with us! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment