Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Winds of Change

If you've been dropping by here periodically you know that I have been looking for a full-time or career job for over 3 years now, and in that time I have worked several part-time jobs. Retail being the one usually tacked on at places like Kohl's, Running Central, & White House Black Market and more recently as the evening/weekend scale operator at a grain elevator. All the while my main job was as a church secretary (also only part-time).

The position as a church secretary has been my safety net for 3 years now, the job that I kept while looking for another full-time position. I've learned so much about the seedy-underbelly inner-workers of a church. I have enjoyed working in ministry and the flexibility and freedom this position allowed me to have, especially right after I got married and with my husband being a cop and having his days off during the week!! However, the time has come for me to move on.

I have felt a deep, urgent pressing on my heart lately. I spent a lot of time in prayer, reading scripture and just being alone with the Lord in seeking His guidance and wisdom. And I truly feel the time has come to leave this position without another job already lined up. (Buh-bye safety net).

There is always more to the story but honestly I deep down feel that God is leading me out of this position here at this time. So, tomorrow, October 31, 2013 will be my last day.

I am surrendering to the Lord and His direction and timing in this circumstance (I try all the time to do this but I fail majority of the time, I just can't let the need to control go usually).

I've been extremely blessed to have had this job and the chance to really dig-in and grow in my faith at a job that encouraged me to seek after God. I would not be where I am now with out it. The Lord has something coming and I must be ready to receive it and serve Him in it.

11"For I know that plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and pray to me and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." ~ Jeremiah 29:11-13 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment