Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Snow Day 2014!

January 6, 2014 - Snow Day = No work for me!

Yesterday was a snow day for me from work! WooHooo! Jon's "weekend" (days off) just happen to be Sunday/Monday, so we got 2 full days of nothing but each other because we were homebound due to the snow and extreme cold!

Sunday, we did go out and shovel our driveway, it took about 2 hours! But I did get some play time in the backyard - jumping in a drift and making a snow angel before heading inside! Duncan was out with us in the backyard, we were clearing a path for him to go potty; he was not a fan of me jumping in the snow, he came bounding over to make sure I was okay.

The rest of the time was spent reading, Jon playing his Christmas/birthday present = PS4, and I did get sucked into the season premier of Downtown Abbey; we ended the night by watching Man of Steel in bed. And I even made Jon one of his favorite suppers for his upcoming B-day! Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn.

Monday - I win the best wife award! I decided I couldn't handle another day of watching Jon play video games so instead we had a Lord of The Rings: Trilogy, Extended Edition! We made it through 5 of the 6 total DVD's in the Trilogy. We did have a break because we needed to go out and dig out Jon's work car and make a path for me to get on to the street from the driveway.

And today it's back to work in the freezing weather but on an exciting note it is Jon's 30th Birthday! Needless to say he is not quite as excited about this birthday as in years past but I hoping he'll get over his dislike of getting old, because there's no stopping. But here's to another year of awesome for my Boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment