Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Coconut Oil Bandwagon

I have jumped on the coconut oil bandwagon!

I wanted to deep condition my hair, so I went to the grocery store and picked up a jar of coconut oil. However, I wasn't aware that it should have been the Extra Virgin Organic kind but whateves I still used it. And I ended up using for everything! I used in my hair but not as much as I would have liked, still left it greasy. But I fell in love with using it as my body lotion! Finally, I've finished the refined jar and was able to purchase the Extra Virgin Organic kind.

I haven't had a chance to test it out on my hair for deep conditioning yet, but I'm still using it as my body lotion and nighttime lip gloss/chapstick. I actually whip the oil with my hand mixer first, it makes it a lot easier to use and apply for several reasons:
1. I don't have to worry about getting my hand in the jar/breaking nails getting it out/dropping the jar.
2. I believe it helps it melt faster for quicker application on my body.

The best part so far about the extra virgin stuff is that it actually smells like coconut! The refined oil does not have the coconut smell; at least to me it didn't.

I've notice a huge difference in my skin tone and in my butt and thigh area; the cellulite has somewhat disappeared or been minimized! YAY! I've even tried a baking soda face mask followed by coconut oil on my face as a moisturizer over night...I didn't see a huge difference but may need to give this another go!

Have you jumped on the coconut oil bandwagon? Are you still not sold on it or do you think its silly? If you have, what ways are using it?


No comments:

Post a Comment