Thursday, April 10, 2014

Another One Bites the Dust!

I have finally finished Alice in Wonderland!! For such a short book and a classic I definitely was on the struggle-bus in reading it! After several false starts and long gaps in the actual reading of the book, I have finished! I love the Disney movie version for a while and decided I needed to read the book (another goal is to try and read books that were turned into movies that I love).

Overall, the book was okay, but not one I will probably read again on my own. It was a total acid trip much like the Disney movie. I found it difficult to follow which made it hard to keep wanting to read. However, I do like that it does feel like a real dream sequence, if you are lucky enough to remember your dreams; it is a close to Alice in Wonderland. My fault is that I'm not a huge fantasy book reader, so books by Tolkien and King have been a lot harder for me to get into.

Checklist:
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Lord of the Rings: Return of the  King by J.R.R. Tolkien
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
The Shining by Stephen King
Doctor Sleep by Stephen King
11/22/63 by Stephen King
Jane Austen Collection  (have read Pride & Prejudice)
A Room with a View by E.M. Forster
Beautiful Creatures Saga by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl (I've read the first two books but stalled on the 3rd)
Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (have started but never finished, several times)
Sherlock Holmes Collection by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

I've been in a reading rut lately! Whomp, Whomp! I'm in a weird phase of wanting to read but not being able to really dig into a book. And there's not been a whole lot of extra time for leisure book reading lately. Bible Study Fellowship is winding down for the class year and I'm doing another book study with a mentor.

No comments:

Post a Comment