Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Last Minute Dinner Party

The title is a bit misleading but for me last minute was being today on Sunday that I should expect my parents, sister and her 3 beautiful daughters for dinner tonight (Wednesday). Uh...okay?

My original menu was going to be Taco Bar...however upon stating this (luckily before going to the store), I was shot down because that's what they are having Thursday night! Uh...okay? Regroup!

Regroup Menu (which I didn't share because I wasn't gonna let them deter me again):
Whole Chicken in the CrockPot with potatoes and carrots!

I've made a whole chicken in the crock before and love it! However, its never when Jon is home and eating a whole chicken by myself isn't as easy as it used to be. But I did try something new this time:

I made a rub of Lawry's seasoning salt - 2 tablespoons, onion powder - 1 teaspoon, and garlic powder - 1 teaspoon. I rubbed this on the bird last night. I also cut potatoes into quarters and an onion (I diced half and quarter the other half).

This morning I place the potatoes and carrots on the bottom of the crock and the quarters of onion, along with a handful of the diced bits.

I cut a lemon in half; quartering one of the halves and placed the quarters into the bird and squeezed the juice of the other half on top of it. I filled the sides around the bird with more potatoes and carrots and poured a little water into the side of the crock.

Hopefully, this turns out as delicious as I hope! (and so I don't need to order in reinforcements)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment