Sunday, March 18, 2012

Face Lift

When we bought our house almost 2 years ago, (03/23/2010 - I can't believe its been 2 years, ahh!), Jon lived here by himself for several months, until I graduated and then I would stay off and on until our wedding that November. For us one of the big selling points was the living room, it has a massive vaulted ceiling and almost the entire back wall is brick floor to ceiling. But not just any brick, red brick from the 1950's (the house was built in 1958). It was okay, but made that side of the living room this giant dark space, my ginger Jon (who hates the sun) liked it and fought me on painting it for months! I finally found a great before and after of red bricks being painted white and he agreed! We started by cleaning the bricks with a solution, we also had white foam stuff growing from the bricks and needed to clean it off. Then we started priming and then painting. In the end it took like 2 cans of primer and 3 coats of white paint, but the result is fabulous! Now I just need to actually hang pictures and decorations up! Its only been 2 years, whats a little more time! Enjoy!








It is amazing to look back and remember the red brick. We also rearranged the furniture after painting the wall and it makes the space feel even bigger (if that's possible) and is just a better lay out!

No comments:

Post a Comment