Friday, March 23, 2012

Two Years of Homeownership!

Today is the two year anniversary of Jon and I closing on our house! So, much has been in these past two years: I graduated with my BS from the University of Illinois (Go Illini!), we got married, and have been working on the house since! We done a lot of growing up and are still growing!

The day we closed, my dad was with us and after we walked in and assessed what we were doing, that night we just sat in the middle of the living room floor, scared out of our minds because all the toilets were leaking, no electricity, and we couldn't get the pilot light on for the water heater. We didn't stay there the next few nights but focused on deep cleaning and getting Jon's stuff moved in because he's lease at his apartment was up on April 1st! And we moved everything ourselves, with Jon's Escape and my dad's truck!

But looking back its been the best 2 years of my life and it keeps getting better! So here are a few outside photos of the house just to show ya! We love it and are working on it slowly to make it our own! It was built in 1958 and must have been a custom build due to some of the features.


No comments:

Post a Comment