Thursday, September 6, 2012

Well...Crap

So the last time I posted was in August to say "Crap, its August!"

Well, "Crap, its September!!!" AHH!!!

Time definitely is flying (though its not been much fun!)

My consuming thoughts in August: continue my job search, get ready for my sister's baby shower, get ready for Bible Study Fellowship to start!

However my consuming activity was reading the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy, over and over and over again! I got sucked in to that black hole!

Yes, I know not exactly a good Christian read, however, I loved it! Not for the naughty bits, though those were enticing, but I ended up loving the story. Granted, I can tell you it is not anything amazing like The Godfather, or Rebecca.

Its just a piece of salacious, fluff that I have always been more prone to read. It was a treat to myself during a rough patch and my reward for reading "11/22/63" by Stephen King (which took me several months to get through). It took awhile for my to get into the story, there was a lot of details but it was really good.

I read the entire trilogy in 4 days. So, seriously not that difficult to read but it is more of what I lean to when reading a book. I don't always want to be challenged when reading sometimes you just need a little fluff.

I am trying to decide what my next "challenge" book should. I did try and start reading "The Hobbit" (I didn't get super far). The first part of the movie should be coming out this winter and I hate seeing a movie before reading the book and it does provide conversation material for me and the hubs!

Any book suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment