Monday, December 10, 2012

Feeling Down

So, its been a full year since I really started my job search and I'm still looking for a full time job.

Its very frustrating and upsetting to me. I feel very much like a failure. I know that its all apart of God's plan for me and I that I need to turn to Him, which I am, but it still hard to not completely feel like doo doo.

All I would like is a decent paying job, that is full time, where I am not swindling people or pushing a product on those who can't afford it. I am very grateful for the job I have but I can tell the ministry is not for me in the long run.

I am also very fortunate that my husband supports me and is okay with me only working the 1-part time job. I think its a sense of letting those around me down and not really learning or growing in a career. I want this so much for my self and for my future family (aka Jon and when we start our family, which seems to feel farther out of reach than ever before to me).

I just seem to have no talents, no skills, and can't seem to sale myself to prospect employers enough to even get an interview.

I've had only 1 legit chance (a real company and not commission based) and I did not fit their personality assessment to move on for the full interviewing process. Nothing can make you feel worse than "failing" a personality assessment.

I am golden and failing "unfail-able" tests. It happened in high school with a personality/career path assessment for a class.

The worst is receiving that email while at work! Nothing like being on the verge of tears all day in an office where you are the only female! Oh well, maybe I will just eat my feelings at lunch!

I would just like some prayers that I will go to God and rest in Him right now. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment