Thursday, December 13, 2012

So Thankful

If you checked in on One Hill this past Monday, you know that I had a rough day.

I had a full-on emotional break down when I got home Monday night, and I was all alone (Jon was at work) and was supposed to go to Bible Study Fellowship (BSF, I am a leader this year, eek!) and lead a double group!

I laid on the couch sobbing (scaring Duncan, the dog), not wanting to go at all, thought about calling my TL (teaching leader) Deb and claiming to be sick. However, I pulled myself together, fixed my face with powder and mascara, got my stuff together and headed out. Only to cry in the car on the way. I admitted to another lead that the day had not been good (I'm usually the happy, perky, young leader and they could tell something was up).  Deb, found out and came in to my group and gave everyone a hug! And gave me another hug afterwards.

I didn't want to be there, I just wanted to wallow in my own self pity but I have to say that being there was the best place for me on Monday! I felt so much love, support and encouragement from the girls in my group and all the ladies there! Another leader has even offered to mentor me, which she said she's been feeling the call for a few weeks now and it couldn't have come at a more perfect time!

I felt 100 times better when I was on my way home. I cried on the way home but for a completely different reason than on the way there.

For me this just goes to show the power of God in our lives. I was ready to just avoid God on Monday night and let myself be selfish and let others down! But I choose to serve the Lord and He guided me and sent me exactly what I needed to hear. I'm still a little down but I feel far and away better than Monday.


It just goes to show that anything is possible with God (and a little ice cream)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment